Thursday, October 8, 2009

Turn Your Fall Leaves into Rich Spring Fertilizer!


"I'm so tired of bagging leaves!" "When is leaf pick up this month?" "I can't park in front of my house because of this huge pile of leaves!"

Does this sound familiar to you? Our neighbors and friends chime in all through the fall season; we're all doing the best we can to properly dispose of these natural autumn colors as they cover the lawn. Well most of us do anyway... "Hey! Stop blowing those leaves into my yard!" "I don't even have any trees in my landscape, but my lawn must be a magnet for my neighbors' leaves!"

Save a little on the expense of conditioning your soil for spring planting and brew your own compost from those clippings! On Saturday, Oct. 10th at 11AM, our Virginia Certified Horticulturists will be ready and willing with excellent advice on compost starters and proper containers. We're also offering 20% off composting products all day! Stop by our Composting Seminar for some 101 skills, tips, and tricks to create your own personal concoction and effectively condition your soil for spring planting.

Written by Ginny Gregory.
www.Stranges.com

No comments:

Post a Comment