Monday, September 28, 2009

Insecticides Found Safe for Pets and Children!

I've got a brand new puppy running around my backyard and she's chewing on everything! My other two dogs do enough damage to the lawn on their own, but now almost all my shrubs have teeth marks! Aside from this canine cosmetic damage, I'm also worried about how insecticides and pesticides can affect my domesticated critters. It is comforting to know that I can come into Strange's and pick up the latest, most effective and safe treatments, which are also natural and organic. Manufactured by Organica, K+Neem comes from the seeds of the Indian Neem Tree. It is an effective alternative to chemically based insecticides and fungicides. K+Neem controls a wide range of mites and insects in all stages, and is effective against powerdy mildew. K+Neem is OMRI certified--so you know it's safe. It is the natural choice for flowers, vegetables, herbs, trees, shrubs, lawns, roses and houseplants.

Bonide also produces a natural dust product, Rotenone which can be mixed into a spray to control insects on fruit, flowers and vegetables. It can be used as a dust on dogs and cats to control fleas, ticks and lice as well. Capsaicin, the active ingredient in Hot Pepper Wax Insect Repellent, is derived from hot Cayenne Peppers and is proven very effective in deterring aphids, cabbage loopers, beet armyworms, spider mites, and whiteflies. An environmentally conscious company, Pharm Solutions has developed multiple products to combat garden pests and fertilize organically. Flower Pharm and Garlic Pharm help to repel aphids, thrips, white fly, cucumber beetles, spider mites, and aid in the control of rust, mildews, and fungi. Many of the natural ingredients within Espoma's Earth-tone Insect Control are also used to produce animal feeds and hence, are safe to use around animals and children while also controlling a wide range of insect pests. With these products on the market, I feel confident using them on my plants and my dogs. I know whenever the neighborhood kids come around, my insecticides will not harm them as they run and play in my yard. Although the hot pepper wax and Garlic Pharm will likely cause a mild upset tummy for my puppy if she ingests a large amount, at least I know I can combat those garden pests without subjecting my pets to any lethal toxins.

Written by Ginny Gregory.
www.Stranges.com

No comments:

Post a Comment